To be the best teacher I can be means I have to continue being a student and honing my skills.
My most recent activities:
Presented a program for the Tennessee Music Teacher Association Conference.
Enjoyed playing at St. Jude for the residents during lunch time.
Completed an online course on teaching pop music.
Continued learning curve on the iPad and its use for my students.
7275 Eastern Ave Germantown TN 901-754-1083
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND SERVICE
- Music Teachers National Association
- Tennessee Music Teachers Association - Past President
- Greater Memphis Music Teachers Association - President
- Germantown Collierville Area Teachers Association Past President
- Progressive Private Music Studio for thirty years- sixty students ages 4 –76
- Adult RMM Class Instructor at Amro Music Store
- Briarcrest Conservatory Teacher
- Developed and Facilitated piano education programs at two private schools
- Teacher of the Year ~ Greater Memphis Music Teachers Association
- Distinguished Service Award ~ Tennessee Music Teacher Association
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
- Presents programs to local and state teachers groups.
- Adjudicator – Festivals and State Piano Competitions
- Published review in American Music Teacher Magazine
- Creates, organizes, and presents teacher education forums at local music store
- Substitute Pianist/Organist for area churches
- Choir Director for Children's Choir at Hope church
- The Keyboard Place Music Store Manager
- Established a teaching program for The Keyboard Place which included setting the curriculum, hiring personnel, setting fees and salaries and overseeing the program
- State Representative – National Music Link Program
- Facilitator for Power of Piano Music Enrichment Program - City of Memphis
- Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau MO
Other Related Training
- Business and teaching workshops
- University of Kentucky- Lexington Keyboard Technology Classes
- State and National Conferences