Studio PolicyStarry Night Piano Studio ~ For The Adult Learner
A place to imagine and create new possibilities.
7275 Eastern Ave. Germantown TN 38138 754-1083 Cell 674-0133
Welcome to my multimedia studio where you will learn to play the piano in a
stress-free environment with an emphasis on experiencing the joy of making music.
Thank you for choosing me as your piano teacher. To ensure that you get the most efficient and creative teaching possible, I have established the following policies.
PIANO All students need access to a well-maintained instrument. I recommend tuning on acoustical instruments once a year. Wes Kirkpatrick is an excellent technician, and the is office number is 901 494 4579.
PRACTICE Practice is vital to vacillate musical growth. There is a direct correlation to your progress by how much you practice. Practice times will vary, but a productive practice session can be in small increments. 20 minutes of dedicated focus attention will go a long way to achieve your goal.
TUITION Tuition is $70.00 per hour for private lessons. If you pay by check, please make checks payable to Sandy Triplett.
Lessons are available in 30 - 45 - 60 min. increments.
- Tuition is the same each month and is due on the first lesson of each month. Each year there are at least two months that have five lessons available. The 5th lesson is banked for the teacher to use as vacation or professional development. You will be notified in advance on your weekly reminder notice when I will use the time.
Tuition notice before the first day of the month.
Tuition covers far more than the time I spend with you, so you do not need to worry that missing a lesson means wasting money. Missed lessons are used to plan for your progress, perusing materials and any other aspect of your learning I would like to address.
TUITION ~ what does it cover
- Your tuition reserves an exclusive private lesson time.
- An individualized plan of study.
- Instruction Books If you request specialty books there will be a fee for the cost of the book.
- Music lending library
- Web Site This is a valuable asset to my studio. You received a reminder of your lesson date and time. Under the resource tab, there are websites listed and other information pertinent to your piano study. Under the adult tab, the calendar is available as well as the policy letter.
- Time spent in preparation Trips to the music store, lesson planning, bookkeeping, development of curriculum, website maintenance. It has been cited in professional music journals that for every enrolled hour of piano lessons, the teacher is investing at least two hours of time.
- Studio Expenses - Copying expenses, computer software, incentive programs, instruments, tunings, repairs, newsletters. Misc. materials purchased by the teacher to keep costs low for students.
- Teacher’s Training and Experience
- Professional Organization Memberships - Memberships are maintained by the teacher to enhance teaching skills and provide the student with opportunities for festivals, competitions, and performance events and discounts on music.
- Professional journals - Publications to assist the teacher in continual advancement on new teaching materials and trends.
- Continuing Education -Lessons and classes that keep the teacher current on methods and techniques
- Property taxes, Self-Employment taxes, Insurance, Retirement
PIANO SOIREE Two times a year we have an informal evening of celebration, this is an enjoyable way to network with other adult piano students, hear a variety of piano repertoire, and develop and strengthen performance skills. Everyone contributes to the meal, and we have a fun-filled musical evening.
SPECIALITY BOOKS/SHEET MUSIC The charge for music outside learning materials will include the cost of the materials and shipping fees if applicable. The charge will appear on your monthly tuition statement.
MISSED LESSONS There are no make-ups or tuition adjustments for no-shows changes and non-emergency cancellations., last minute You have an exclusive time in my weekly schedule. I cannot resell your scheduled time nor can I create extra teaching time in which to give lessons. If you chose not attend a lesson, you would miss the benefit of that lesson. (And I will miss our learning time together)
A lesson can be rearranged with a one-week notice if I have flexibility in my schedule.
Need to miss a lesson there are options:
Record the piece(s) you are working on and send it to me before your lesson time.I will use your reserved time to listen to the recording and send an email with suggestions on how to prepare for the following lesson.
Call so we can talk about your current piece and any questions you might have during your lesson.
Request that I send you an email with a supplement to your regular lesson material
Skype ~ http://www.skype.com/ to create your free account. My Skype is (it is necessary to add me to your contacts).
FaceTime ~if you have an iPad add my phone (901-754-1083) to your Facetime and we can have our lesson via the internet.
If I am not able to attend a lesson, the lesson will be rescheduled or prorated at your convenience.
INCLEMENT WEATHER No need to miss a lesson due to severe weather, this is the perfect time to utilize any of the options listed above. Call me (754-1083), so we can make arrangements for your option of your choice.
WITHDRAWAL FROM THE PROGRAM, Please provide one month's notice.
PARKING, Please park on the right side of the garage or the street.
Feel free to email (email@example.com) or text (901-674-0133) or call (754-1083) me with questions. I love hearing from you!
We all have bad days and sometimes even bad weeks. Don’t be concerned; you will plateau and then make progress, this is a step by step program. Relax, remember this is for enjoyment; enjoy the journey. You are going to do fantastic!
"If you hear a voice within you say 'You cannot
- Vincent van Gogh