A Classic with a Dash of the Unexpected
7275 Eastern Ave. Germantown TN 38138 754-1083 Cell 674-0133
Welcome to my multimedia studio where you will learn to play the piano in a stress-free environment with an emphasis on experiencing the joy of making music.
Thank you for choosing me as your piano teacher. To ensure that you get the most effective and creative teaching possible, I have established the following policies.
Piano All students need access to a well-maintained instrument. I recommend tuning once a year. Mr. Tony Thomas is an excellent technician. His office number is 276-2609.
Practice Practice is vital to vacillate musical growth. There is a direct correlation to your progress by how much you practice. Practice times will vary, but a productive practice session can be in small increments. 20 minutes of dedicated focus attention will go a long way to achieve you goal.
TUITION Tuition is $70.00 per hour for private lessons. If you pay by check, please make checks payable to Sandy Triplett.
- Lessons are available in 45 - 60 min. increments each week on a monthly basis.
- Tuition is the same each month and is due on the first lesson of each month. Each year there are at least 2 months that have 5 lessons available. The 5th lesson is banked for the teacher to use as vacation or professional development. You will be notified in advance on the calendar and on your weekly reminder notice when I will use the time.
- Tuition received after the 15th will have a $25.00 late fee added.
- Tuition can be adjusted if notice is given prior to the first day of the month.
Tuition covers far more than the time I spend with you, so you do not need to worry that missing a lesson means wasting money. Missed lessons are used to plan for your progress, locate materials, etc.
TUITION ~ what does it cover
- Reserves an exclusive private lesson time.
- An individualized plan for the your course of study
- Music lending library
- Web Site This is a valuable asset of my studio. You received a reminder of your lesson date and time. Under the resource tab there are web sites listed and other information pertinent to your piano study. Under the adult tab the calendar is available as well as the policy letter.
- Time spent in preparation Trips to the music store, lesson planning, bookkeeping, development of curriculum, website maintenance, etc. It has been cited in professional music journals that for every enrolled hour of piano lessons, the teacher is investing at least two hours of time.
- Piano Soiree This program is included in the tuition structure and is the equivalent to one lesson which is banked by the teacher to attend concerts, conferences or for a personal day. You will be notified in advance of the change of schedule.
- Studio Expenses - Copying expenses, computer software, incentive programs, instruments, tunings, repairs, newsletters. Misc. materials purchased by the teacher to keep costs low for students.
- Property taxes, self-employment taxes, insurance, business licenses, retirement - The Independent Music Teacher has no corporation to assist in providing health and life insurance or matching funds.
- Teacher’s Training and Experience
- Professional Organization Memberships - Memberships are maintained by the teacher to enhance teaching skills and provide the student with opportunities for festivals, competitions, and performance events and discounts on music and events.
- Professional journals - Publications to assist the teacher in continual advancement on new teaching materials and trends.
- Continuing Education -Lessons and classes that keep the teacher current on methods and techniques
January 1 there will be a yearly increase in tuition appropriate to cost of living increases, expenses, and services offered.
PIANO SOIREE Two times a year we have an informal evening of celebration. This is an enjoyable way to network with other adult piano students, hear a variety of piano repertoire, and develop and strengthen performance skills. Everyone contributes to the meal and we have a fun-filled musical evening.
MISSED LESSONS There are no make-ups or tuition adjustments for no-shows, last minute changes and non-emergency cancellations. You have an exclusive time in my weekly schedule. I cannot resell your scheduled time nor can I create extra teaching time in which to give lessons. If you chose not attend a lesson, you will miss the benefit of that lesson. (And I will miss our learning time together)
A lesson can be prorated if notice is given prior to the beginning of the month.
If there is flexibility in my schedule, a lesson can be rearranged with a one week notice.
Need to miss a lesson there are options……..
- Record the piece(s) you are working on and send it to me before your lesson time. I will use your reserved time to listen to the recording and send an email with suggestions on how to prepare for the following weeks lesson.
- Call so we can talk about your current piece and any questions you might have during the time that is reserved for your lesson.
- Request that I send you an email with a supplement to your regular lesson material. This may be in many different formats i.e. theory information to peruse, a new piece of music, or a youtube video that pertains to your current or future piece.
- Skype ~ If you have a computer with a camera close to your piano or a laptop that you can move close to the piano we can 'skype' a lesson. Visit http://www.skype.com/ to create your free account. My Skype user name is sandy.triplett1 (it is necessary to add me to your contacts).
- FaceTime ~if you have an iPad add my phone (901-754-1083) to your Facetime and we can have our lesson via the internet.
If I am not able to attend a lesson, the lesson will be rescheduled or prorated at your convenience.
INCLEMENT WEATHER No need to miss a lesson due to inclement weather, this is the perfect time to utilize any of the options listed above. Call me (754-1083) so we can make arrangements for your option of your choice.
WITHDRAWAL FROM THE PROGRAM Please provide one month's notice.
PARKING Please park on the right side of the garage or on the street.
MUSIC BOOKS Materials may be purchased from the studio.
Feel free to email (firstname.lastname@example.org)or text (901-674-0133) or call (754-1083) me with questions. I love hearing from you!
We all have bad days and sometimes even bad weeks. Don’t be concerned, you will plateau and then make progress, this is a step by step program. Relax, remember this is for enjoyment; enjoy the journey. You are going to do wonderful!
"If you hear a voice within you say 'You cannot
- Vincent van Gogh